So you’ve recently purchased your own HDB resale and intend to modify it to your liking. Let’s talk about kitchens today. How much would a kitchen renovation package set you back? In Singapore, this is a relatively prevalent concern among homeowners. Whether you want to refurbish your entire kitchen or just parts of it, you need to know the specifics of what you’ll be spending.
With the help of our expert interior designers, we’ve put together this guide to help you understand the factors to consider before having your kitchen renovation, as well as budget estimates.
#1: You need to know HDB resale kitchen renovation rules
Before you begin upgrading any part of your HDB, you must first familiarize yourself with the government’s rules in order to avoid any unwelcome surprises. While there are certain general guidelines, such as the types of contractors you may use and the kind of hacking activities you can do in a HDB, as well as approvals, there are several rules and regulations that are particular to kitchen renovation:
- For plumbing: Ensure that the plumber you hire is a PUB (Public Utilities Board) certified professional.
- For pipes: You are not permitted to install any new concealed pipes when remodelling your kitchen. All new pipes must be installed outside..
- Timing: On weekdays and Saturdays, general renovations are only permitted between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- For flooring: Before placing floor finishes in toilets, a waterproofing membrane is applied on the cement screed. This keeps any water from leaking through the flooring and into the flat below yours’ ceiling. If you need to hack floor tiles, you should waterproof them properly to prevent water leaking. For this reason, the HDB/toilet developer’s floor and wall finishes shall not be replaced for a period of three years after the block’s completion date. You can, however, use adhesives to place new toilet floor finishes over the old ones.
#2: Understand the factors that determine the cost of your kitchen renovation package
Are you planning a partial or full renovation?
Partial and comprehensive renovations are the two types of renovations. Of course, these are the most important aspects that will influence the cost of your kitchen renovation. Sheik has compiled a list of some of the most important and common factors:
- First, decide what will remain the same and what will be changed.
- If all you need is to dismantle existing cabinets and install new ones, you’ll have to pay for hacking and new cabinets. The cost of new cabinets is determined on their length.
- If you’re planning a complete renovation, you’ll need to account for the expense of cutting the tiles, purchasing and installing new ones, as well as labor costs. Don’t forget to factor in the expense of installing new cabinets.
- Because the kitchen is a wet space, proper waterproofing and ponding (applying static pressure by pounding water on the inside face to identify water leakage) testing are required. This will also increase your expenses.
- Finally, there is the cost of hauling the tiles once they have been installed, as well as the cost of acid-washing the tiles.
#3: Things to keep in mind before renovating with affordable kitchen renovation package
According to our expert interior designers team, there are five important factors to consider before estimating the cost of a kitchen renovation package:
- Space: You should absolutely measure the space you’re working with so you can figure out how many employees you’ll need for the makeover. More space would imply more personnel, equipment, and, as a result, more labor hours.
- Layout: Examine the layout supplied in your HDB kitchen to see if it is something you can work with. A modification in layout would entail astronomical costs.
- Type of storage: Make an approximate estimate of your storage needs before you redesign your kitchen. Because you will soon realize that this has a significant impact on the cost of your kitchen renovation package.
- Type of stove: Make a note of whether you require an induction or a gas stove.
- Kitchen design styles: Is your kitchen going to be more like a display kitchen, or are you a regular cook? Heavy cooking necessitates a slew of additional expenses in the kitchen. As a result, make sure you make this selection ahead of time.
#4: Kitchen renovation package budget estimates
Your kitchen makeover budget is determined by a variety of things, but if you’re solely interested in carpentry work, you can expect to spend roughly S$5,000. On the other hand, if you’re seeking to do some general hacking and renovation for functional kitchen, expect to spend between S$10,000 and S$15,000 for kitchen renovation cost.
#5: What are the financing options?
You can finance your refurbishment with a bank loan or your own money. You can even combine the two methods by taking out a renovation loan. Certain banks offer renovation loans of up to S$30,000, but you must submit a renovation contract to apply. This is done to ensure that the funds are only utilized to renovate the house.
In Singapore, there are approximately 4-5 banks that give loans for remodeling projects. However, if you pick Exqsite to renovate your kitchen include kitchen countertops, we have a partnership with Maybank, which offers a 0% interest-free financing.
#6: Tips to reduce the kitchen renovation package cost
While there are several ways to save money on kitchen renovations package, the following are a few fast tips:
- Save money on materials: Choosing budget-friendly countertop and backsplash materials will go a long way toward lowering the entire renovation cost.
- Designs for carpentry: Choosing a carpentry design that is reasonably simple is a fantastic approach to save money. It doesn’t have to be dull; it just has to be less complicated.
- Work with tiles: Instead of totally hacking and installing new tiles, save a lot of money by simply overlaying them.
Compare kitchen and toilet renovation package
Compare the different interior design packages can help you find the least restrictive option. This also allows you to see if they will take your wants seriously and make the renovation simple. When calling your business ID you might as well get confirmation that the company understands your requirements.
Exqsite a highly recommended interior designer in Singapore to find the best Kitchen Renovation Package
Do you want to have a kitchen renovation package for your BTO or want to search? Do not hesitate to contact Exqsite! Exqsite workers have over 20 years of experience and also have a HDB licensed renovation contractor. For our company achievements, Exqsite have got HDB licensed renovation contractor, ACS registrars, and bizSafe star.
Exqsite always places our homeowner’s needs and requirements first. We also provide creative and effective solutions to all problems, always attain feedback, monitor and inspect the renovation process closely to give homeowners a peace of mind. So what are you waiting for? Discuss your new condo interior design with Exqsite right now!